FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

This is an account of life in an Olympic city. Capturing the final preparations before the Opening Ceremony as well as the Games themselves.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Spare Olympics tickets

It seems that there is a very interesting situation developing, with the people that bought tickets last year in the original allocation (the minority) and those that suddenly rushed to get their tickets in the nick of time (the majority).
In Greece it is illegal to resell any ticket for an event, unlike England where most events that attract people have the touts (black marketeers) outside to sell tickets - "Any spare tickets, I buy or sell".
So now that events are soldout (like the Opening Ceremony, or Basketball), some people have tickets to sell and some other are looking for them. But one cannot advertise officially because he/she might get prosecuted!

I am part of the minority that has bought tickets last year and I am happy that I will be in all the major events of the Olympics. What I am not happy about, are the spare tickets that I have. Why I have spare tickets... well this is a different matter.

In my quest to sell the tickets I have spoken with a number of people in a similar situation. So I have compiled a spreadsheet with the tickets that are available for sale. Which can be found here.
Among others we have a few top seats for Opening Ceremony tickets for sale, so whoever is interested, please let me know ASAP.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?