FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

This is an account of life in an Olympic city. Capturing the final preparations before the Opening Ceremony as well as the Games themselves.

Friday, August 13, 2004

One year ago today...

...I was in a hotel room in Mexico City, the morning TV shows had extensive coverage of the fact that it was 1 year before the start of the Olympic Games. They had reporters in Athens as well as various celebrities in the studio dressed in togas in a very festive mood.
I was very touched by the fact that a totally different culture valued so much (and got excited about) something that was so close to me.

Now the time has come and on Greek TV I saw snippets of a stunning blonde Mexican reporter walking the streets of Athens reporting to her fellow Mexicans about the Games.

Everything is ready and I had more than 5 different people who attended the dress rehearsal tell me the exact same 3 things:
Speaking about crying the whole of Greece is in a state of shock today after the events of last night involving Kenderis and Thanou.
I have to admit that there is something fishy in the whole saga.
BUT I really believe that they have used the same means to get their medals, that all other fellow champions have used. So I do not understand why they are being singled out as suspects.

One thing is for sure, doped or not, in the psychological state that they are today it will be very hard to succesfully compete anytime soon, even if they are physically and legally fit.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?