FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

This is an account of life in an Olympic city. Capturing the final preparations before the Opening Ceremony as well as the Games themselves.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

18th Aug, Artistic Gymnastics, Session 634

This was quite a busy day because due to some schedule clash, I had some spare tickets for football that I had to give away before I went to Gymnastics....
Unfortunately I did not manage to sell them, so I was left with 4 unused tickets for the football game between Italy and Parguay... all Italians I met in the streets had tickets for that game.

So to gymnastics...
It was my first ever visit to a live gymnastics event. I really liked the fact thatthe choice of what to see was on me and not the TV director. But too many things were happening simultaneously and it was hard to watch them all.
The High Bar judges were really harsh, I am not an expert but I believe that some people got less than they deserved (Hamm the US athlete was NOT one of them).

Since I am no expert I will stop the competition analysis here and focus on the other aspects of the competition.
There was a very strong chinese crowd, with red flags, lanterns and the like.
The US crowd was probably the loudest and most populous. There was also a surprisingly strong Greek crowd (considering the price of the tickets and the fact that there were no Greek participants).
The lower tier of the stadium was nearly full, however the upper tier was nearly empty.


Comments:
like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?