FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

This is an account of life in an Olympic city. Capturing the final preparations before the Opening Ceremony as well as the Games themselves.

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Shopping with the Olympic fraternity

Right next to the main Olympic complex and the IBC (Media HQ), is the Carrefour mega market. I usually go there for my shopping because it has loads of parking space.
Since it is the only shop with edibles within walking distance from the Olympic complex it gets a steady supply of customers that work in the Olympic complex.
For example until June (when the Calatrava roof was completed), you could see at the Carrefour bar, the groups of Italian workmen that worked on the sliding of the roof.
Since the end of June I started seeing fresh faced Olympic volunteers, with even fresher/brand new T-Shirts. The colours of these t-shirts are really bright! I wonder what will happen after the first wash! Well I'll have to wait a few days for that.
Speaking of t-shirts, in the super market you can also see veterans of many Olympics, you can spot them by the T-shirts they wear (Atlanta, Sydney, Salt Lake) as well as bags and other paraphenalia. They usually go the 5 items or less, checkout queue since they usually buy the essentials for that days dinner.
I have to admit that I am a bit jealous of all these people working for the Olympics, it is a once in a lifetime experience... Oh well at least I can sit back and enjoy the results!

Comments:
hey there what a cool blog you have very intresting and imformative
i will add your link to my favourites

shopping gift

please check out my site/blog if you like
 
Hi there ##name##.
 
Good post
 
Why settle for boring clothes? Hypercolor shirts are back! Call 1-800-924-0305 for details on how to get these free.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?